Fulfilling Your Pattern Needs
- Chunky orange yarn – I used leftovers of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick
- Worsted weight green – I used Brown Sheep’s
- Size K hook
- Size G hook
- Row 1: Use the K hook. Using a magic circle, 4sc and join
- Rows 2-3: ch2, 3sc, join
- Row 4: ch2 inc sc4, join
- Row 5: ch2 inc sc5, join
- Row 6: ch2 inc sc6, join
- Row 7: ch2 inc sc7, join
- Row 8: ch2 inc sc8, join
- Row 9: ch2 sc9, join
- Stuff the carrot.
- Row 10: sc2tog
- Join and pull yarn through. If you still have a little hole, sew it closed with the tail and trim the end.
- Switch to the G hook for the leaves. Double up the yarn and join at the top of the carrot.
- ch for the length you desire. Cut end and pull through. You can knot the ends, if you need.
- Repeat for the number of leaves you want. I did 5. They curl on their own.
- To clean up the bottom of the stems, wrap green yarn around the bottom, and weave in the end. This helps hold up the leaves too
That’s it! I also think it’d be great to put a face on the carrot. Something saying “Eat me! I help you see in the dark.”
August 14th, 2008
Having troubles? Check out the FAQs.