I made this cozy for my Google phone, but it fits the iPhone, iPod Touch, and my digital camera. The cozy is about an inch longer than my phone, so the ribbing pulls closed near the top and keeps the phone from falling out without a closure. If you wanted the cozy to be the same size as your phone, removing four rows from the beginning and end should do it.
The pattern is worked in the round on DPNs, and the cables are beginner level.
- Size 5 dpns or size needed for gauge
- 15 grams (.5 ounces) worsted weight yarn, approximately 35 yards. I used Cascade 220
- Cable needle
- Buttons for decoration
- Gauge: 4 inches = 22 sts x 30 rows in stockinette stitch
- CF – Cable Front – Sl 1 to cable needle hold to front, k1, k1 from cable needle
- CB – Cable Back – Sl 1 to cable needle hold to back, k1, k1 from cable needle
- CPF – Cable Purl Front – Sl 1 to cable needle hold to front, p1, k1 from cable needle
- CPB – Cable Purl Back – Sl 1 to cable needle hold to back, k1, p1 from cable needle
Cast on 32 sts using the method of your choice.
The cast-on edge serves as the seam at the bottom of the cozy. Alternate slipping sts between two needles until there are 8 on each needle. Slip the remaining 16 sts onto 2 additonal DPNs in the same fashion so you have 8 sts on 4 needles.
- Row 1: K1 *p2 k2 repeat from * 3 times p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 2 and all even rows: Work sts as they lie
- Row 3: K1 p2 k2 p2 CF p2 k2 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Rows 5 – 11: Repeat rows 1 – 3
- Row 13: K1 p2 k2 p1 CPB CPF p1 k2 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 15: K1 p2 k2 CPB p2 CPF k2 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 17: K1 p2 k1 CPB p4 CPF k1 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 19: K1 p2 CPB p6 CPF p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 21: K1 p1 CPB p8 CPF p1 k1 – Work twice
- Row 23: K1 CPB p10 CPF k1 – Work twice
- Row 25: CPB p12 CPF – Work twice
- Row 27: k1 *p14 CF repeat from * The second CF will overlap the first stitch of the 28th row.
- Row 29: CF p12 CB – Work twice
- Row 31: K1 CPF p 10 CPB k1 – Work twice
- Row 33: K1 p1 CPF p8 CPB p1 k1 – Work twice
- Row 35: K1 p2 CF p6 CB p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 37: K1 p2 k1 CF p4 CB k1 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 39: K1 p2 k2 CPF p2 CPB k2 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Row 41: K1 p2 k2 p1 CPF CPB p1 k2 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Rows 43: K1 p2 k2 p2 CF p2 k2 p2 k1 – Work twice
- Rows 45 – 51: Repeat rows 1 – 8
- Bind off and weave in ends.
Having troubles? Check out the FAQs.